What is a School Counseling Program?
My program goals are:
- To help all students leave Three Oaks Elementary having gained a large toolbox of positive conflict resolution and communication skills.
- To help students learn to advocate for their academic and social/personal needs.
- Teaching skills to students to maintain the BEAR Expectations (Be Respectful, Everybody Matters, Appropriate Activity, & Responsibility).
- Using a combination of individual & group counseling, classroom guidance lessons, and responsive services, I will empower and support students to become responsible citizens & life-long learners.
- Second Step Social Skills curriculum is taught in kindergarten and first grade by School Counselor.
ADDitude strategies and support for ADHD & LD Website -www.attitudemag.com
Guarding Kids: Internet safety-www.guardingkids.com
American School Counselor Association- www.schoolcounselor.org
Florida School Counselor Association
Free Typing program- www.typing.com/student/login
Core Essential Character Values-Aug.- Obedience, Sept.- Responsibility, October- Courage, November-Honor, December- Joy
Jan.-Knowledge, Feb.-Respect, March-Forgiveness, April- Humility, and May- Determination
Core Essential School Wide Assemblies- 9/15/16, 1/26/17, 5/18/17
October Bully Prevention Month
Bucket Filler Week- Feb. 6th-10th, 2017
National School Counselor Week- Feb. 6-10, 2017
Lori S. Wallace, School Counselor
Email: [email protected]
Safety-Keeping Everyone Safe