What is a School Counseling Program?
My program goals are:
- To help all students leave Three Oaks Elementary having gained a large toolbox of positive conflict resolution and communication skills.
- To help students learn to advocate for their academic and social/personal needs.
- Teaching skills to students to maintain the BEAR Expectations (Be Respectful, Everybody Matters, Appropriate Activity, & Responsibility).
- Using a combination of individual & group counseling, classroom guidance lessons, and responsive services, I will empower and support students to become responsible citizens & life-long learners.
- Second Step Social Skills curriculum is taught in kindergarten and first grade by School Counselor.
ADDitude strategies and support for ADHD & LD Website -www.attitudemag.com
Guarding Kids: Internet safety-www.guardingkids.com
American School Counselor Association- www.schoolcounselor.org
Florida School Counselor Association
Free Typing program- www.typing.com/student/login
Core Essential Character Values-Aug.- Obedience, Sept.- Responsibility, October- Courage, November-Honor, December- Kindness
Jan.-Committment, Feb.-Honesty, March-Courage, April- Integrity, and May- Patience
Core Essential School Wide Assemblies- 10/19/17, 1/25/18, 5/17/18
October Bully Prevention Month
Bucket Filler Week- Feb. 5th-9th, 2018
National School Counselor Week- Feb. 5-9, 2018
Pennies for Patients- Week of Feb. 26, 2018 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Rotakids Rice & Beans Field Trip- Feb. 6,2018
Lori S. Wallace, School Counselor
Email: [email protected]hools.net
Safety-Keeping Everyone Safe