Meet Your Teacher Open House
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Dear Three Oaks Elementary Families,
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! It is a pleasure to welcome all of our families back for a new school year. This is a GREAT school with wonderful and actively involved parents, staff, and students. Mrs. Tami LeMaster, Assistant Principal, and I look forward to this opportunity to meet you and your children.
Procedures for Student/Teacher Assignment
The School Cafeteria and Media Center will open Wednesday, August 9th from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. Please come to the school cafeteria where tables will be set up alphabetically by student’s last names: Cafeteria: (A – Z). Staff will provide you the teacher name and room number. You may then proceed to the classroom to “Meet Your Teacher”. Please do not call the school in advance to ask about teacher placement, as staff will be working on opening school preparations.
The Media Center will be open for families to get all transportation information and After School Program information. If you cannot attend “Meet Your Teacher” on Wednesday, August 9th, you or your child will come to the school cafeteria on Thursday, August 10th between 7:20 – 8:00 a.m. to find out your child’s teacher and room number. The most important thing we need to ensure a safe and secure dismissal and get every child home safely on the first day, is for each parent to provide the classroom teachers with how your child will be going home at dismissal.
Student Daily Transportation
Two important things we need for you to do to assist us in safely getting your children to the correct location after school are as follows:
- Please take the time to fill out the Transportation Information prior to coming to “Meet Your Teacher” Open House and make sure to bring this information to your child’s teacher at Open House.
- If you are new to the school or your address has changed, please come to the school office from 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. beginning Thursday, July 27th through Tuesday, August 8th to provide our Information Specialist with your new address. Please bring one proof of residence (utility bill or copy of lease agreement).
In order for the Kindergarten teachers to spend quality time with you, we would like to split the afternoon into two sessions. You will still follow the procedures above to find out your child’s classroom placement. Then, if your last name begins with A – M, your time to “Meet the Teacher” will be 4:10 – 5:00 p.m.; N-Z will be 5:10 – 5:50 p.m.
Where to Find Important Information at Open House
- Prepaid Supply Kit Orders – will be in your child’s classroom
- Transportation/Bus Information/Car Tags – Media Center
- After School Program Information – Media Center
- PTO Table/Spirit Shirts – Cafeteria
- Boy Scout Sign Up - Cafeteria
We look forward to a fantastic school year with your children and you!
Ms. Jody Moorhead, Ms. Tami LeMaster,
Principal Assistant Principal